The following planning considerations apply:
- Climbing bars provide adequate space and facilitate better command and control than traditional pull-up bars.
- Traditional pull-up bars are too narrow to safely and efficiently conduct the CLs.
- Use of multiple climbing bar “pods,” as shown in Figure B-4, allow for efficient mass training.
- The CLs require one bar for every three Soldiers when performed as a single activity.
- Total ground surface area for four pods is only 625 square feet.
- Four pods will accommodate 16 stations of 3 Soldiers per station for a total of 48 Soldiers.
- Additional freestanding pods should be constructed to accommodate more Soldiers.