Figure B-1 shows the climbing bar layout required for toughening and sustaining phase PRT drills.
The specifications for the climbing bars follow:
- Five posts.
- Each of the five posts measures 6 inches square by 12 feet long.
- Each post is sunk 3 feet into the ground.
- Two bars.
- Each of the two bars is a threaded water pipe.
- Each bar measures 1.5 inches outside diameter by 12 feet long.
- Each bar has two 1-inch deep end caps.
- The bars are through the 6 by 6s at 7.5 and 8 feet above the ground.
- The distance from inside post edge to inside post edge is about 62 inches (Figure B-2). This is to allow enough bar space to conduct all exercises safely.
- The step-ups (16 inches long) are cut from 4 by 4 inches by 8-foot posts and secured to the 6 by 6s with 3-inch screws that are countersunk.
- The step-ups on the outside 6 by 6 posts are 18 inches from the ground; the step-ups on the inside post are 24 inches above the ground (Figure B-3).