The 1,000-Meter Swim event requires a swimming pool with a minimum depth of one meter; pool length may be meters or yards.
- Soldiers will begin the event in the water with their bodies in contact with the wall of the pool.
- Soldiers may use any stroke and must touch the wall of the pool at each end as they turn; any turn is permitted.
- Soldiers may walk on the pool floor to recuperate.
- The only equipment authorized is swimming goggles, swim caps, and civilian swimwear.
- The use of certified lifeguards is highly encouraged.
- To pass, you must complete 1,000 meters in 25 minutes or less.