CONDITIONING DRILL 2, EXERCISE 3: HALF JACKS
Purpose: The purpose of this exercise is to jump and land with the legs apart, controlling the landing by laterally braking with the feet, ankles, and legs (Figure 9-9).
Starting Position: Position of attention.
- Jump and land with the feet shoulder-width apart and pointed straight ahead. The arms are sideward with palms facing down, thumbs and fingers extended and joined.
- Jump and return to the starting position.
- Repeat count 1.
- Repeat count 2, returning to the starting position.
- On each landing, the balls of the feet should touch first.
- On counts 1 and 3, do not raise the arms above parallel to the ground.