CLIMBING DRILL 2, EXERCISE 2: HEEL HOOK
Purpose: This exercise develops the ability to raise the legs from a hanging position and hook the feet securely on the bar (Figure 9-30 ).
Starting Position: Extended hang using the alternating grip, left or right.
- Pull with the arms and the body toward the bar. Raise the feet above the bar and interlock them securely around the bar.
- Return to the starting position.
Figure 9-30. Heel hook
- On count 1, initiate movement by first pulling with the arms.
- Secure the feet over the bar by crossing one foot over the other at the ankles.
- On count 2, fully extended the arms to return to the starting position.