STRENGTH TRAINING MACHINE DRILL, EXERCISE 10: BICEPS CURL
Purpose: This exercise develops strength in the upper biceps muscles (Figure 6-49).
Starting Position: Seated position with the feet firmly on the ground. The seat is adjusted so the arms are straight, with elbows shoulder-width apart. The back of the upper arms are on the supporting pad with hands in a closed-grip. The hips and low back are firmly against the seat back with the eyes looking straight ahead. A natural arch is maintained in the lower back. Select the appropriate weight and ensure the pin is secure in the weight stack.
- Pull upward until both arms are fully flexed.
- Return to the starting position.
Figure 6-49. Biceps curl
- l Feet remain on the ground, with hips and back firmly on the bench during seated triceps extension.
- l Keep the head and neck in a neutral position, looking straight ahead.
- l Exhale on count 1 and inhale on count 2.
Precautions: Do not arch the back or allow the hips to rise off the bench. Do not arch backward while performing the biceps curl.