TOUGHENING PHASE PRT
As described in Chapter 2, the purpose of the toughening phase is to develop foundational fitness and fundamental skills. Soldiers in BCT, one station unit training (R/W/B phases), and BOLC A are in the toughening phase. The following PRT drills and activities are scheduled during the toughening phase:
- Preparation drill (PD).
- 4 for the core (4C).
- Hip stability drill (HSD).
- Conditioning drills 1 and 2 (CD 1 and CD 2).
- Climbing drill 1 (CL 1).
- Strength training circuit (STC).
- Push-up and sit-up drill (PSD).
- Military movement drill 1 (MMD1).
- 300-yard shuttle run (SR).
- Ability group run (AGR).
- Release run (RR).
- Foot march with fighting load (FM-fl).
- Conditioning obstacle course (CDOC).
- Confidence obstacle course (CFOC).
- Combatives (CB).
- Recovery drill (RD).